How To Create And Manage Blog Post Categories
Every post in your WordPress blog or site is filed under one or more Categories. This helps in navigation and allows posts to be grouped with other similar content.
Each Category can be assigned as a Category Parent so that you can set up a hierarchy within the Category structure. When creating Categories recognize that each Category Name must be unique.
Links to your Categories are, by default, shown in two different places on your blog. First, WordPress lists these Categories as links in your sidebar. Second, WordPress shows all the Categories to which a given post belongs under that post. When someone viewing your blog clicks on one of these Category links, an archive page with all the posts belonging to that Category, will be displayed to them.
Watch the video below and learn How To Create And Manage Blog Post Categories or delete existing categories and manage categories hierarchically.
WordPress Tutorial For Beginners
- How To Register a Domain Name
- Web Hosting
- How To Setup Name Servers
- How To Install WordPress
- How To Access Your WordPress Blog
- How To Change The Theme
- How To Add & Edit Users
- How To Customize Your WordPress Dashboard
- How To Install Plugins
- How To Install & Configure All In One SEO Pack
- How To Configure Permalink
- How To Configure Akismet
- How To Add a Contact Form
- How To Use Widgets
- How To Create & Use Custom Menus
- How To Create & Manage Blog Post Categories
- How To Create New Pages
- How To Add And Edit Links
- How To Create a New Blog Post
- How To Format a Blog Post
- How To Add An Image To a Blog Post or Page
- How To Track Your Blog Visitors
- How To Backup Your Blog
- How To Update WordPress
- What To Blog About